Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stinky Sweater

Last week Lyndsee and I made our way to the market. We didn't have to make our way too much since the market is directly outside our door. Each week the shoe man gets closer and closer to our front door... But anyway, I found a sweater man and I decided to check out some cheap "high Italian quality" clothing. I ended up finding two acceptable sweaters that, at the time, I just couldn't live without. After squeezing our way back into our apartment, I noticed a certain pungent smell. The source: the "one size fits all sweater." Oo! Forgot to mention that. I bought a one size fits all sweater. Bet ya didn't know that was possible! Anyway, it smelled like flea market. So naturally, my first instinct was, "no big deal... I'll wash it." Baaaad Idea... The stinky sweater came out of the washer smelling like a perm gone wrong. So today was market day again. Even though it was still pretty damp from the washer - keep in mind... no dryers here - I took it back down to the market in hopes of returning it. I was a bit worried as I'm not completed schooled in market etiquette yet. I feared the "buy at your own risk" rule applied to sketchy markets. However, expecting the worst paid off. The nice market man, let me exchange the stinky sweater for something else. So for the 22 Euro stinky sweater, Lyndsee and I got matching purple sweaters and I got one more red sweater, all of which we smelled before buying. And as we searched for these new sweaters, I watched the sweater man put the stinky sweater back on the hanger and out for another unsuspecting buyer to purchase. I hope that sweater brings someone else the same joy it brought to my, now ammonia/surfur free, apartment. Good luck future stinky sweater owner... Good luck

1 comment:

  1. I would like a stinky sweater. Please pack it in with all of the keepsakes and souvenirs that you pick up along the way. I want to make sure that the smell sticks with you forever! (just like me...)

    ReplyDelete