Monday, January 24, 2011

Old Panini Man

And on the 2nd day, the panini was made.

In the short week that we have been here, we have come to absolutely adore the little old panini man, Giovani. On the second day we were here, we went into his store to buy a sandwich. The sandwich is simple, usually just some sort of meat like proscuitto or salami and some sort of cheese usually pecorino. No mayo, no mustard, just dry, but it is pretty delicious. Giovani is what really keeps us coming back though. Whether it is for a panini or his wife's little wine shop next door, we are in there almost everyday. And bonus, he knows my sandwich of choice now! (i go there more than anyone...haha) So now the language barrier is no longer an issue. The other day, Giovani was telling us about this little book he keeps. He learns english phrases to say to better communicate with the american students, and then he writes them over and over again in a little book to remember them. I think I'm going to have to start doing this so that I can talk to Giovani a little more. I think I need an Italian grandpa...

1 comment: