Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday in Vienna

Pretty much everything is closed.... So today consisted of visits to the exterior of museums. They were actually open, we were just too disinterested to go inside... Not to mention, we were lugging around the world's heaviest backpacks. Not quite sure why we decided to take the latest flight home possible. We pretty much covered everything Friday. Silly girls... So we wandered around, killing time, spent a few hours in cafes since we were freezing our buns off. We did go to a super fancy cafe called Cafe Sacher that was recommended by Markus, the invisible tour guide. I kept feeling like I had been in there before but I was 90% sure I hadn't, and then I saw that there is also one in Salzburg, and it clicked! I went there!! We paid 2 Euros to check our coats then partook in the eating of some delicious desserts and coffee. I must say, the apple strudel was scrumptious! After finishing up, we made our way to the bus station and purchased tickets to Bratislava. Because if you're going to the airport, of course you want to go to the one in Bratislava and not the one right there in Vienna. That makes sense, right? Hm... Didn't see the logic with that one bus ticket lady. But thanks... I think I'll go back to Italy where I have a slight chance in understanding the language. So anyway, we were sitting inside, avoiding going outside since it was cold. We figured, we would just go outside and get on the bus when we saw everyone else board. You see, there were lots of people standing outside with suitcases, and if they have suitcases they must be going to the airport! Wrong... They were waiting for some other bus and our bus was out front, all ready to go. We got there with 1 minute to spare. Phew! So now Lyndsee and I are sitting in the airport, ready to check in, and this means I must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment